Saturday, 29 October 2011

LG Fashion Week - Sid Neigum Spring/Summer 2012 Collection



This season for LG Fashion Week I was lucky enough to go to witness Sid Neigum's Spring/Summer 2012 collection. 

 Sid Neigum is a Canadian born designer but bases his work in New York. Sid's work is very experimental and he's always aiming to develop new silhouettes and ideas through his designs of men's and ladies clothing. His brand raison d'être often challenges’s convention fashion and goes against tradition. Neigum usually expresses a dark aesthetic in his runway shows and collections but this season he went for a slightly different approach. Neigum collection had a strong Japanese avant garde feel and contrary to his usual dark color palette he used colors such as orange cropped shorts and turquoise polka dots. 

Here are some photos I took at the show: 











 

Personally I am very traditional in my fashion choices and like many of you may know my style is heavily influenced by the 50s gentleman and traditional formal wear. On the other hand, some of Sid's pieces I would definatly incorporate into my wardrobe. I admire his sense of creativity in his experiments with tradition pieces by using odd fabrications, such as the leather shorts in 3rd picture. Overall I feel Sid is an up and coming designer and one to watch. 




Yours Truly, 

   Mr. Cavaliere 

No comments:

Post a Comment