Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Double Breasted and the Ticket Pocket - Styling





This suit is just one of those amazing classic pieces.  My job was to style two looks with this sharkskin double breasted peak lapel suit.  Using my knowledge of pattern mixing, I created two looks with some of my favourite elements.  The first look I used a white on white pinstripe dress shirt (hard to see white pinstripe cause of picture and pinstripe was very subtle on the shirt), a black and white paisley tie, and completed the look with a paisley white pocket square.  For the second look I used a Windowpane light grey dress shirt, a paisley fuchsia tie, and a slightly off colored pocket square.  This second look would be used more for weddings, proms, and any other events where you would have to match due to the similarity in color between the tie and the pocket square. 


Another detail I love about this suit is the ticket pocket.  I feel the ticket pocket adds function to a formal garment and is usually a tough task to master.  The pocket was originally used as a place to hold a man’s train ticket and other items that were frequently used such as keys or a wallet. 

As you may know from my other post I love traditional pieces and formal wear so when styles like these come back I think it’s very exciting and interesting in where it originated from.  As I said in the past “The most fascinating and fashionable men are gentlemen who make style look effortless and live in what they wear". 

Double breasted blazer look book coming soon! 

Yours truly, 

   Mr. Cavaliere  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment