Tuesday, 8 November 2011

The Brown Corduroy Blazer

The brown corduroy blazer is one of those items in your wardrobe that can be your go to piece for different occasions.  The reason I classify the corduroy blazer as a fashion essential is because it is something that really won’t go out of style and there are multiple ways to wear it.

Originally, corduroy was used as a working fabric by Englishman because it didn't split and was durable enough to withstand any job that would normally ruin other fabrics.  As denim came into the picture, corduroy eventually got replaced due to the fact that denim was both cheaper and equally as durable.  Corduroy though, stayed in the hearts of the English and was used in other ways, for example, hunting apparel.  When I picture corduroy I can’t help but envision a man with a shotgun decked out in full corduroy, wellingtons on his feet, prowling for rabbits!  For that reason I feel corduroy blazers have to be in a brown monochromatic palette!

Below is a brown monochromatic palette:



Using another palette, in my opinion, takes away from the traditional value of the garment, and doesn't make it fall appropriate. 

Below is the quintessential corduroy look:







Chocolate Brown Corduroy Blazer - Forever 21 
Off White Casual Button Up - Le Chateau 
Army Green Shawl Collared Cardigan - H&M 
Beige Slim Chinos - Forever 21 
Chocolate Brown Plimsolls - Urban Outfitters  


I tried to capture that fall feeling with the way I paired the pieces for this look.  

I also love pieces that speak to both sophistication and wear-ability because their wearable in real life.  Not all of us go to an office everyday or need a blazer for their everyday life, but I feel these types of pieces can make your look very dapper without making you look like you’re going to prom!


Overall I hope you love the brown corduroy blazer as much as I do!



Yours truly, 


   Mr. Cavaliere 


2 comments: