Thursday, 8 March 2012

The New Mr. Cavaliere Logo and Banner!



Hey Guys,


I am very proud to finally unveil to everyone what I have been working on for the past month and a half! As I said before, there are going to be a number of changes and upgrades to the site and, in order to make this happen, I needed a logo that fit both the blog and myself! With help from my good friend Jesse Massari and some careful deliberation we created this: 



To come up with a logo that not only fit my personality but the mood of the blog as well, we needed to come up with a strong color scheme.  Both Jesse and I agreed that the two colors that best represented me were navy and grey. I also asked myself which colors did I think were distinctly masculine, and I found that the answer was again, navy and grey.

I hope by now you’ve noticed the knight’s helmet in the logo.  When I first decided on creating the blog, I struggled trying to find a perfect name that would suit the men’s fashion and style guide I had in mind.  After a couple sleepless nights I thought of a name that I would never forget and has followed me my whole life: cavaliere. 

In Italian, the word cavaliere actually means “knight” and with this realization I now knew exactly in which direction I wanted to take Mr. Cavaliere.  When I think of who would have been a knight, I envision a figure who was a "real man"; a man who all men strived to be like, a man that defended his king and was seen as a role model by all. I then tried to think of who would be considered the “knights” of our time.

As I looked for this person I slowly fell in love with fashion and style and learned that it was more than just clothing but rather a lifestyle. Understanding fashion and my own sense of style has completely changed my life for the better, and has given me an overwhelming sense of confidence. It’s also something that today I can say is a passion of mine and, through this small outlet, I hope to share my greatest love with others. I knew starting this blog would come with a lot of work and responsibilities but I also knew that if I kept true to what I believed in, Mr. Cavaliere the blog would become a creative outlet for the fashion forward individual. 

Going forward, I will be looking for our modern day knights; those that have had fashion change their lives for the better! In the end though, I know that none of this would have been possible if not for my followers. So, as always, thank you. 

Yours truly, 

   Mr. Cavaliere  

No comments:

Post a Comment